Working towards goals and getting things done can feel overwhelming and stressful if you don’t feel like you have enough time to do everything. A great way to free up some time is to automate and delegate. Start by taking a look at things you don’t enjoy doing and see if there are ways to automate them or have someone else do them instead.
Automate as much as possible
There are so many tools available these days that allow you to automate life. Some of my favorites are:
- Automatic bill paying – If you have the same recurring bill every month you can usually set up automatic bill paying with a credit card or have the accounts set up in an online banking account so all you have to do is enter the amount that is due. Saves so much time!
- Automatic file organization – I started using Hazel on my mac to automatically empty my trash and clean up my desktop. You can have it do all sorts of things besides that. Those two are really helpful. Easy peasy.
- Automatic shower cleaning – This is my newest automated task and so far I love it! If you haven’t noticed, I’m not a huge fan of cleaning. Scrubbing out the tub and shower was really high on my list of things I do not like doing. I got the Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Shower Cleaner and it does all the work for you. There’s nothing better than getting into a fresh shower everyday.
Delegate when you can
Who says you have to do everything yourself? Sometimes it’s ok to ask others for help or even hire them. Some things that can be passed to someone else:
- Caretaking – If you have kids or a family member that needs help, you don’t have to be the one to do everything for them. It becomes especially difficult when you have other obligations like work, other relationships and making time for yourself.
- Chores – Sometimes it feels like there aren’t enough hours in the day to get everything done or maybe it’s difficult to do certain things. Have someone else help out!
- Shopping – Do you really need to go to the store? Make a list and have someone else pick things up or order online for you.
Think about areas in your life that you can automate and delegate. While making your list thing about whether or not certain things are even necessary. Get your to-do list as small as you can so you can have time to do things you enjoy. What are your favorite things to automate or delegate?